Editing & Judging Services
Editor (poetry and short fiction)
Are you a creative writing student and need your work critiqued before you hand it in? Or do you need help with line-breaks, punctuation or structuring your poem in general? Do you want to know if your story is saying what you mean it to say? Are you searching for the ‘X’ factor in your writing so that you can finally get published?
Gail Ingram is available to edit and proofread your poetry or fiction.
She has a great editor’s eye and a friendly teaching manner. She will explain the tricks of the trade to improve your poem, story or collection.
$30 for 30 mins (approx 2 poems up to 50 lines each, or 2 x 250 word flash, 1 x 1500 word story, to read and give written feedback)
$50 per hour
Judge (poetry or short fiction)
Gail Ingram is available to judge poetry, flash fiction and short story competitions.
Gail’s experience in editing, teaching and judging:
- Associate Editor for Flash Frontier
- Guest Editor for Hagley Writers Institute online journal, The Quick Brown Dog 2017
- Judge and Editor for the South Island Writers’ Association poetry and short story competitions since 2008.
- Experienced Creative Writing teacher:
- School for Young Writers (2015-present)
- Writing and English tutor for Kip McGrath (2009-present)
- English Language teacher (1990-2003)
- Member of poetry and fiction critique groups.
- Co-Editor for Winning Words: Celebrating 50 years of SIWA (SIWA 2013)
- Co-Editor for South Island Writers’ Association 2010/11 National Short Story and Flash Fiction Competition (SIWA 2011)
All enquires to: firstname.lastname@example.org